Top 15 Dog Quotes & Photos To Honour Man’s Best Friend
We all have that special pet we adore the most. Be it a bird, cat, horse or bunny, for most people, it’s obviously a dog. No animal comes close to the readily available friendship and unreserved companionship a dog offers.
All dog lovers will agree with me that no matter how good or bad your day went, dog has a unique way of injecting a positive difference.
Dogs are obedient, loving, kind, and compassionate – Dogs are always present in the moment with absolute loyalty, ever forgiving and bearing no grudges. What’s more! The relationship between you and your dog is heart-friendly according to recent studies. The positive mood, affection, assurance and increased activity emanating from this synergy is mutually beneficial and form some of the most enduring building blocks of a happy and healthy life.
Just the sight of your dog welcoming you by wagging its tail continuously is so calming. Taking the traditional evening walk with your dog reduces stress and strengthens the bond between you and your dog.
1. A dog will teach you unconditional love. If you can have that in your life, things won’t be too bad… Robert Wagner Life, Love, Teach, Unconditional Love.
2. When we adopt a dog or any pet, we know it is going to end with us having to say goodbye, but we still do it. And we do it for a very good reason: They bring so much joy and optimism and happiness. They attack every moment of every day with that attitude… Bruce Cameron Good, Attitude, Happiness, Day, Pet, Joy.
3. When the dog looks at you, the dog is not thinking what kind of a person you are. The dog is not judging you… Eckhart Tolle Thinking, You, Judging, Person, Kind.
4. “The capacity for love that makes dogs such rewarding companions has a flip-side: They find it difficult to cope without us. Since we humans programmed this vulnerability, it’s our responsibility to ensure that our dogs do not suffer as a result.” – John Bradshaw
5. “I am fond of pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals.” ― Winston S. Churchill
6. “Mario, what do you get when you cross an insomniac, an unwilling agnostic and a dyslexic?””I give.””You get someone who stays up all night torturing himself mentally over the question of whether or not there’s a dog.” ― David Foster Wallace, Infinite Jest // tags: agnosticism, dogs, dyslexia, god, humor, insomnia, pain
7. “Heaven goes by favor. If it went by merit, you would stay out and your dog would go in.” ― Mark Twain tags: animals, dogs, heaven
8. “A person can learn a lot from a dog, even a loopy one like ours. Marley taught me about living each day with unbridled exuberance and joy, about seizing the moment and following your heart. He taught me to appreciate the simple things-a walk in the woods, a fresh snowfall, a nap in a shaft of winter sunlight. And as he grew old and achy, he taught me about optimism in the face of adversity. Mostly, he taught me about friendship and selflessness and, above all else, unwavering loyalty.” ― John Grogan, Marley and Me: Life and Love With the World’s Worst Dog
9. “Such short little lives our pets have to spend with us, and they spend most of it waiting for us to come home each day. It is amazing how much love and laughter they bring into our lives and even how much closer we become with each other because of them.” ― John grogan, Marley and Me: Life and Love With the World’s Worst Dog.
10. “When you have dogs, you witness their uncomplaining acceptance of suffering, their bright desire to make the most of life in spite of the limitations of age and disease, their calm awareness of the approaching end when their final hours come. They accept death with a grace that I hope I will one day be brave enough to muster.”… Dean Koontz, A Big Little Life: A Memoir of a Joyful Dog, 2009
11. My neighbor has two dogs. One of them says to the other, “Woof!” The other replies, “Moo!” The dog is perplexed. “Moo? Why did you say, “Moo’?” The other dog says, “I’m trying to learn a foreign language”… Morey Amsterdam.
12. Oh, what is the matter with poor Puggy-Wug? Pet him and kiss him and give him a hug. Run and fetch him a suitable drug. Wrap him up tenderly all in a rug. That is the way to cure Puggy-Wug…Winston Churchill, on his daughter Mary’s pet pug.
13. Your Dog Makes You A Better Person. Daily healthy walks and fresh air, loving and warm welcomes, unconditional & faithful love, increased family play time, all reminders of how we can be better people by incorporating into our own behavior and lifestyle…Your team at Poochie-Pets
14. ” It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are.” — Cheryl Zuccaro.
15. “A dog gladly admits the superiority of his master over himself, accepts his judgment as final, but, contrary to what dog-lovers believe, he does not consider himself as a slave. His submission is voluntary, and he expects his own small rights to be respected.” — Alex Munthe.